Case 33/76 Rewe 
- A question was raised concerning the direct effect of a treaty provision and its accompanying regulation
- Were the provisions directly effective, and how should this effectiveness be enforced in national courts?
- Yes, see below
- Where rights are conferred on individuals by EU law, it is for national courts to protect those rights
- However, national procedural autonomy (national rules concerning national legal systems) buy 2mg xanax online not canadian must be protected by the EU
- Member States must ensure that remedies for breaches of EU law can be obtained at national level without undue burden – the principle of effectiveness
- Member States must have remedies available to be able to give effect to EU law just as effect is given to national law – the principle of equivalence
Posted in EU Law Revision Notes.
This page was last updated on 30th April 2015
© 2019 Webstroke Law - Terms