Case 249/81 Buy Irish 
Case 249/81 Commission v Ireland (Buy Irish) 
- The Irish Government organised a campaign to promote domestic products over those from other EU Member States
- This campaign was managed through a quango – a private company controlled by the Irish Government
- Did this violate Art 34 TFEU? http://www.health-canada-pharmacy.com Could the quango be classed as part of the Member State?
- Yes, yes
- The flow of trade between Member States would be disrupted by the government’s action
- It was irrelevant that the campaign was conducted by an intermediary, as that intermediary was under the government’s control
Posted in EU Law Revision Notes.
This page was last updated on 15th August 2015