Bolitho v City & Hackney Health Authority 
- A doctor was called to attend a 2 year old child with breathing difficulties
- The doctor did not attend and the child died
- The process of intubation may have saved the child’s life
- Could the doctor be held liable for not attending?
- The claimant could not prove that the doctor would have intubated, experts had differing opinions as intubation carries many risks and alternative courses of action could have been taken
Posted in Tort Law Revision Notes.
This page was last updated on 22nd April 2014