Bird v Jones 
- The claimant opposed the construction of a grandstand so entered at one side
- He was prevented from leaving the grandstand at the other side
- Could this be classed at false imprisonment?
- There was still an opportunity to escape by going back to the other side of the grandstand
- No complete restraint therefore no false imprisonment
- Area of restraint almost irrelevant
Posted in Tort Law Revision Notes.
This page was last updated on 23rd April 2014
© 2019 Webstroke Law - Terms