- Regulation 1007/2009 banned the import of seal products resulting from the commercial hunting of seal
- Iunit Tapiriit Kanatami (ITK) represented Inuit fishermen
- Could ITK have the regulation annulled on the basis of a lack of competence in incorrectly basing the regulation on Art 114 TFEU?
- No, directive upheld
- The regulation validly had at its object the improvement of conditions for the establishment and functioning of the internal buy alprazolam generic market by laying down harmonised rules on the sale of seal products
- Animal welfare considerations could validly be accounted for by the measure
- The regulation did not breach the principle of subsidiarity as harmonisation could not be satisfactorily achieved at Member State level