- Directive 76/756/EEC laid out common technical requirements for motor vehicle headlights, which must be complied with in order to sell in the common market
- The UK adopted more stringent requirements
- Did there requirements breach EU law?
- Where the EU has exclusive buy cheap xanax online competence, a Member State will be pre-empted from acting within that area of competence
- This case could be decided differently today, as the EU more often than not sets out ‘minimum requirements’ as opposed to full harmonisation requirements