Case 249/81 Commission v Ireland (Buy Irish) 
- The Irish Government organised a campaign to promote domestic products over those from other EU Member States
- This campaign was managed through a quango – a private company controlled by the Irish Government
- Did this violate Art 34 TFEU? http://www.health-canada-pharmacy.com Could the quango be classed as part of the Member State?
- Yes, yes
- The flow of trade between Member States would be disrupted by the government’s action
- It was irrelevant that the campaign was conducted by an intermediary, as that intermediary was under the government’s control